National Association of Healthcare Fire Officers (NAHFO)
The aim of NAHFO is:
To protect all relevant persons in healthcare premises from fire.
NAHFO objectives are:
- To promote the adoption of the highest standards of fire safety in healthcare premises.
- To improve the understanding of the role of Healthcare Fire Officers*, by all persons working in healthcare, *(to include other titles such as Healthcare Fire Safety Advisor/Practitioner).
- To support and develop opportunities for educating and training people in healthcare fire safety.
- To establish liaison with other bodies on matters of common interest where this is consistent with the aim and objectives of NAHFO.
NAHFO works with other organisations to:
- Provide seminars and learning opportunities offering CPD,
- Networking opportunities,
- To influence the national agenda on healthcare fire safety,
- To partnership work with the Dept of Health, NHSI, the National Fire Chief Council, the FPA, the Institute of Health Estates and Engineering Management, the BRE, the IFE, the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers and Fire Safety Managers and others.